The Department runs the human resources issues of the Ministry including management and development of personnel. The Department is responsible to:
- Maintain and update personnel information and records of all the staff under the Ministry
- Process promotion, transfer, training, leave, etc.
- Plan and manage staffing requirements, organizational structure and updating of the scheme of service.
- Manage all aspects of service, placement, allowance, salary and service benefits and career advancement matters.
- In coordination with Planning & International Cooperation Department, plan and manage in-service courses/training, compulsory courses, departmental service examinations and Efficiency Level Assessment.
- Tackle staff welfare and grievances issues.
- Manage disciplinary matters and annual performance appraisal.